Welcome Statler College Class of 2026!
Need recommendations for computer purchases? Check out WVU Printable Tech Guide.
For the Statler College, in general laptops are a good option for students. Buying something with a dedicated graphics card is also a good idea, but it doesn't need to be a "gaming laptop."
Post NSO Schedule Changes
Need a schedule change (AP scores, updated ALEKS placement score, completed summer course or any other reason you need to change your fall course schedule)? Email StatlerAdvisingCenter@mail.wvu.edu. If you have already sent an email to this address, please allow time for a response. Schedule change appointments begin on Monday, July 19.
- AP Scores: While most students can see their AP scores on their College Board account after July 1, WVU doesn’t typically receive them until around July 16th. Scores will be visible in the “not-counted” section of DegreeWorks (accessible through your student portal) when they are processed.
- ALEKS: Math placement is determined by ACT, SAT, or AP scores or by completing the WVU ALEKS placement experience. For more information about the ALEKS placement exam, go to https://admissions.wvu.edu/how-to-apply/aleks
Math Placement Expectations
All Statler College students are expected to place into MATH 126 or higher by the fall of their first year. If you have a current math placement of MATH 122, please consider the following options:
- If you have not completed the WVU ALEKS Math Placement experience, please do it soon. Math placement is determined by ACT, SAT, or AP scores or by completing the WVU ALEKS placement experience. For more information about the ALEKS placement exam, go to https://admissions.wvu.edu/how-to-apply/aleks. You will have the opportunity to review math content before taking the placement exam; most engineering students completing that process place into MATH 126 or higher.
- Take MATH 122 (online) THIS SUMMER. See the schedule below regarding dates and times it is offered this summer. Email StatlerAdvisingCenter@mail.wvu.edu with “Summer Math 122” in the subject line for assistance in registering for MATH 122 this summer.
- Take an appropriate math course (College Algebra or Pre-calculus) at a local community college this summer and transfer that credit and grade into WVU before the beginning of the fall term. Please make sure the course you take is equivalent to a WVU College Algebra or Pre-calculus course by checking it at registrar.wvu.edu/transfer page before you take it.